Founded in 2011 as Dolmans Landscaping, the team quickly established itself as the most powerful in the world. With the arrival of Boels, a tool and machinery rental group with operations in the Benelux, it became Dolmans-Boels (2012), Boels Dolmans (2013-2020) and SD Worx, named after a human resources service provider. The team remains Dutch, although the SD Worx headquarters is in Belgium. The star this spring was rookie Lotte Kopeckyin who won the Strade Bianche and the Tour of Flanders wearing the Belgian Champion's jersey.
The team has finished five of the last six seasons in first place in the UCI rankings (this total domination was only challenged in 2020 by Trek-Segafredo) and won five of the past seven road race world championships: Elizabeth Armistead (2015), Amalie Dideriksen (2016), Chantal Blaak (2018) and Anna van der Breggen (2017 and 2020), who also won the 2020 time-trial. It was with this team that the latter, who arrived in 2017 from Rabo Liv, forged most of her successes with wins in the Amstel Gold Race, the Tour of Flanders, the Strade Bianche, twice Liège-Bastogne-Liège, three of her four Giro titles and five of her seven Flèche Wallonne victories.
The Dutch star retired last autumn but stayed with the team, moving to the management side with Danny Stam and Lars Boom, winner of the Arenberg stage in the 2014 Tour de France. VDB would have been odds on favourite in the Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift if she had extended her career by a year. The team will not lack ambition, with Dutch rider Demi Vollering (winner of Liège-Bastogne-Liège last year) and South African rider Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio (twice 2nd in the Giro) in contention for the podium.
- Final victory0
- Stages victory0
- Yellow Jersey0
- Other race Won0
1. In winning the Vuelta a Burgos in mid-May, Juliette Labous became the first French rider to win a World Tour or World Cup race (the predecessor of the World Tour, which existed between 1998 and 2015).
8. Of the team's eleven wins this season, Lorena Wiebes has eight at the World Tour level. No one has raised their arms more than the Dutch sprinter, favourite for the green jersey in the Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift.
22,2. The average age at DSM, making the Dutch squad the youngest on the World Tour. Its men's counterpart is also the youngest (24.3).
4. The number of riders in the top 10 of the UCI ranking on 5 July: Demi Vollering (2nd), Lotte Kopecky (4th), Marlen Reusser (7th) and Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio (10th). Four others are in the top 50. In total, the team has 11 riders in the top 100.
10. The number of different nationalities in the SD Worx Team. Only one country has several representatives, the Netherlands (4).
16. The number of victories won by Team SD Worx before the Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift.