Riding in the slipstream of the champions, 48 young French cyclists are about to embark on an extraordinary adventure in the second edition of the Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift.
"Elles arrivent", a joint initiative with the French Cycling Federation, will lift the veil on the world of champions in the biggest cycling race on Earth. Split into two groups of 24, the participants will get to ride part of the course, with the first peloton tackling stages 1, 2 and 3, and the second taking on stages 5, 6 and 7.
The crowds will already be lining the route by the time they take to the road a few hours before the pro race, in what will be a thrilling and formative experience.
Selected by the French Cycling Federation after a call for applications with all the clubs and the riders, the young girls are aged 13 to 18 and represent each of the regional committees of mainland France, as well as Réunion.
During the event, the participants will get to:
- Ride the start and finish of the stage in the same conditions as the pros;
- Receive lessons and advice from FFC technical teams;
- Talk to leading figures in the world of pro cycling;
- Visit the bus of a professional women's team and attend the pre-race briefing;
- Visit the France Télévisions broadcasting buses;
- And live plenty of other unforgettable experiences seeing the pro riders from up close.
The workshops, races, meet and greets and team spirit will plunge our young participants into the heart of women's pro cycling! The climb up the Tourmalet will be the highlight of a week packed with discoveries for the 48 licence holders involved.