The magnificent city of Albi shares a long history with the Tour de France having hosted eleven finishes: between the victories claimed by André Darrigade (1953) and Wout van Aert (2019), three Tour winners – Roger Pingeon (1968), Eddy Merckx (1971) and Cadel Evans (2007) – triumphed here, as did the king of the green jersey Peter Sagan (2013). But the hometown of Lilian Calmejane, winner of a stage in Les Rousses in 2017, has much less history in women’s cycling, having hosted just a single start for a 1997 stage to Saint-Pierre-deTrivisy, where the Italian Valeria Cappellotto won.

  • Prefecture of the Tarn (81)
  • Population: 48,900 (Albigeois and Albigeoises), 82,200 within the 16 communes comprising the Greater Albi municipality; 389,800 in the Tarn

Follow us

Get exclusive information about Le Tour de France Femmes